Monday, November 7, 2011

When Mornings Are Bright Again...

The end of daylight savings time is here... finally, 7AM is daylight again! It's become easier to wake up {again}... to be refreshed and renewed in His word and in His presence early each morning.

Frankly though, it wasn't just the increasing darkness of 7AM mornings that kept me comfortably snuggled in bed... since coming home from our missions immersion trip to the Philippines this past summer, it has been hard for me to live my *normal* knowing that this really isn't *normal* for the vast majority of the people in our world.

Staying comfortably snuggled in bed felt safe... at least my day didn't have to start yet... at least I don't have to be a part of this self-indulgent, North American lifestyle yet... at least I don't have to start fighting this middle ground yet.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

These past couple weeks have been reflective for me. What is God's plan for my new normal? How should my new every-days look like? Because one thing I know... my days can not look like how they were anymore... because after this past summer, we will never be the same again.

God is truly gracious to me... and patient, for which I am truly grateful. He is growing me one day at a time... this journey has not been an easy one... especially these past two months since coming back home to what once was our *normal*...

Because of Grace... with an attitude of gratitude for this new normal... it's become easier to wake up {again}... to truly live out Faith, Hope and Love.
The quiet song of gratitude, eucharisteo, lures humility out of the shadows because to receive a gift the knees must bend humble and the hand must lie vulnerably open and the will must bow to accept whatever the Giver chooses to give. ~ Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts
Yesterday at church, we were taught by Tony Campolo! What an awesome teacher and what an amazing message. I was very much encouraged... to continue fighting the good fight, to continue doing the good work, to continue to act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with my God. 

If you have some time, I highly recommend that you watch/listen to his message. It is entitled "Love Changes Everything: Living with Passion to Change the World."

I've been challenged...

To risk more.
To reflect more.
To do more {things with lasting/eternal purpose}.

With that in mind, this week's 1000 Gifts list continues with #1091 - #1105... gifts of grace from our Heavenly Father, who is always good and who always loves!

~ Bright mornings! :-)
~ Living fully awake...
~ A new normal... and,
~ God's hand to hold as I navigate it.
~ Yet another one of my Compassion Child Packs has a sponsor!
~ Writing Christmas cards to all our Compassion children.
~ Refreshing time of sharing and learning at Home Church.
~ Meeting and chatting with leaders at UrbanPromise.
~ Coffee date and catching up with a friend.
~ A visit from my sister and her boys.
~ Saturday night dinner with old and new friends.
~ Tony Campolo's message.
~ Our church's response... to date, 966 Hope Child kids sponsored!
~ Our family's response... little Moses (see sidebar for his photo)!
~ Sunday afternoon nap...

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment