Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lots Going On... ?

These days, time seems to run away from me!  I wonder if I'm the only one that happens to?  I bet not... :-)  We live in this fast-paced society; running around like chickens with heads cut off; and, most days, it seems like there's lots going on but we've accomplished nothing important... just mundane everyday things.

A few weeks ago, hubby and I saw a TV commercial about Manitoba.  It said something about life being s-l-o-w-e-r in Manitoba.  We both looked at each other thinking: "Hmmm... that sounds appealing!" --- the s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s is appealing, not Manitoba!  Just in case you're wondering...

It really is an intentional act to slow down in this society, isn't it?  Everything around us screams the opposite.  It's always been a habit of our family to inventory the "activities" that we participate in... mind you, we've not always been successful at weeding things out but I think we've done a good job at it.

Speaking of weeding things out... I've managed to offload 5-10 hours of work each week.  This month is a transition month as my boss sorts out who will do what... things should start to fall into place by the start of May.  I'm looking forward to it.  I might be getting less pay from now on but I am thrilled to be able to focus on more things that have eternal value!  This was totally a God-thing... an answered prayer.  Thank you God!

This verse comes to mind right now... from Psalm 37:4 (NIV): "Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart."  So very true!

No comments:

Post a Comment