Monday, October 27, 2008

One Proud Mama!

My daughter played keyboard at church for the very first time yesterday! She did an awesome and superb job, I must say. I am ONE PROUD MAMA!!! I am confident that God, our Heavenly Father, was smiling down on her as well. There are very few things in this world that can compare to a young heart that is eager and willing to use their God-given talents to glorify and praise the One who is most worthy of all!!! 

The whole worship experience was made up of KIDS --- from the song selection, to the musicians (keyboard, drums, electric guitar), to the vocalists (two boys and two girls). While I was directing the band upfront, I looked out into the congregation and couldn't help but notice huge grins on the faces of parents and grandparents, beaming with pride --- just like myself! 

As "Children's Ministries Coordinator", it is one of my goals to involve the children as much as possible in the main service. I want the children to feel included and accepted by their church family. I want the children to be visible, not invisible... to be fully functioning contributors to the church body. A children's worship band is a first step and a good start towards achieving this goal. 

It was definitely one memorable Sunday. Oh and one more thing --- three daddies who don't usually attend church were there! Their children were three of the four singers. That warmed my heart as well! 

He said to them, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." ---Mark 10:14 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment