Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Our Response

Week 6 of my Bible study, Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer, is entitled 'Responding to God's Voice'. What should our response be when we hear the Holy Spirit speak to us? I am reminded yet again that the only appropriate response is: 'Yes, Lord!'

God has been speaking to my hubby and me quite powerfully in the past few months. We are beyond excited, but at the same time greatly humbled, at what God has been showing us in recent days. It is always amazing to see God at work, as everything just seems to fall into place quite miraculously. But it is even more amazing to know that it is His desire for us to join Him in what He is doing in the here and now!

"I know when the Lord is speaking to me because literally the air around me changes. There is a stillness that settles all my raging emotions and questions and simply bids me to be silent, listen, and consider what I hear. And then it's almost as if it comes from the center of my being --- the answer, the revelation, the instruction and it is sealed in this definite place inside of me that I can't describe. I only know that I must do what I've been prompted to do. If I resist I can't breathe, but when I say yes and obey, the most incredible sense of knowing and peace overtakes me and the matter is settled once and for all."
---Michelle McKinney Hammond, as printed in Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer, page 104

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
---Hebrews 11:6 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment