Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Burning Bushes

Last night my Bible study group watched the video for Week 5 of 'Discerning the Voice of God' by Priscilla Shirer. She based her message on the story of Moses and the burning bush from Exodus 3:1-7, 10. This week's video touched me profoundly. It never ceases to amaze me just how precise God's timing is!

This week, I needed to hear that ---
~ Just like in Moses' life, God's plan is often uncovered while we are in the desert seasons of our lives; not while we are living in the palace.
~ While we are in the desert seasons of our lives, God is actually equipping us for His plan. For example, Moses was being equipped with dedication, direction and destination while he was tending sheep in the desert in order to prepare him to lead God's people out of Egypt.
~ Burning bushes (supernatural markers) point us to God's plan.
~ The purpose of God's plan is to achieve intimate fellowship with us.
~ God's plan will change the course of our lives!

In life, when burning bushes come my way, it is often hard for me to step out in faith into the unknown. But I have learned over the years that if I choose not to obey, God's plan will still come to pass, except I have missed out on the blessing of being a part of it.

So, I will be watching and waiting for those burning bushes. I will strive to obey God and step out in faith when those burning bushes do come my way. Will you?

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
---Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

1 comment:

  1. I love that verse in Zephaniah myself. To think our God rejoices over US with singing!

    Let us all strive to recognize the flame of the Spirit, fire always brings renewal in nature and in the spirit

    ReplyDelete