Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I'm a Compassion Blogger

Friends, did you know... 
... that I'm a Compassion Blogger? {Side note: Make sure you visit the website... because it's just been revamped and is brand-spanking new!}

When our family started sponsoring children with Compassion Canada, I decided at the same time to use my blog to let my readers know about the ministry of Compassion.

Little did I know that God would use the blog-sphere to connect me to so many others who also write for the same cause! It's been such a gift getting to know people, making new friends and sharing stories.

Many beautiful things have come out of these Compassion-blogging relationships... things that are way beyond my imagination... things that God has so wonderfully surprised me with!

One of those things is the coming together, puzzle-piece-by-puzzle-piece, of "Eucharisteo: A Celebration of Joy"... a Benefit Concert featuring Ann Voskamp as the guest speaker... an event that will, God-willing, raise enough money to build a permanent facility for the Compassion Child Development Centre that our sponsor child Florianlyn belongs to!


I can truly say that the reason this event has come together so wonderfully well is partly due to the relationships that God has weaved together at Compassion Bloggers! I am beyond excited and full of anticipation... greatly looking forward to what God will accomplish through this event!

It's coming up soon... Saturday, September 29... in Toronto! Friends, will you come? I would love to meet you there!

And, if you have your own blog...
Will you become a Compassion Blogger too? It's very easy to become one... just join the network... and start blogging for a cause!
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
~ Matthew 19:14 (NIV, 1984).
Click on the banner below to read more Walk With Him posts every Wednesday...
I promise you will be blessed! Today, we are writing about The Practice of Relationship.


Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

2 comments:

  1. oh, Aimee, I often think of becoming one but my words are so inadequate and grammar incorrect. Sometimes I blog about other stuff... what are the rules? I will check it out.

    I am so thankful God brought us together. I so wish I could be there.... would love to meet you... your Alyssa and Ann. I love this network of people whose heart is torn for the children...

    much love, friend.

    Teena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teena! You already *are* a Compassion blogger from what I read on your blog! You should fill out the application form!

      There aren't really rules. There's a monthly assignment (some months there's not even one) and it's totally up to you if you want to blog about it or not.

      Ah, yes... I hope too that one day God makes our paths cross in real life! Would be great to meet you in person.

      Delete