Friday, February 10, 2012

Trust

On Fridays {maybe not every Friday... we'll see how this goes}, I link up with a whole community of Five Minute Friday posts. Today's word for Five Minute Friday is: TRUST.

When I think of the word trust, the verses from Proverbs 3:5-6 come to mind right away. They were the verses my mom made me and my two sisters commit to memory before we immigrated to Canada over 23 years ago.

She said to us, "These very words will serve as a guide for every decision you'll have to make and every threshold you'll have to cross." She was right! To this day, I still return to these very same verses when making tough decisions and crossing difficult thresholds.

The NIV 1984 version was what I memorized. It says: 
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
I also love how The Message words it:
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.
Linking up at The Gypsy Mama with other Five Minute Friday posts:

... where we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.
We write because we want to, not because we have to. 
We write for fun, for joy, for discovery.
Won’t you join us?

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the reminderand sharing your story.What an awesome mom to help you hide His word in your hearts!
    Have a blessed weekend :)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by today, Robin! Yes, my mom was very keen on having us memorize verses... for which I am very thankful now!

      Delete
  2. thank you for sharing! :)
    Yes I love how you shared too.... these verses I continue to strive for my kids to memorize. Thanks for reminding me.. to keep on keeping on.

    Much love,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teena. The verses I memorized from when I was a child still remains with me to this day... shows just how important it is to memorize them when young! :-)

      Delete
  3. Some of my favorite verses, and our wedding text. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete