Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hope Lives: An Online Community Read-Through

Don't let the wise brag of their wisdom.
Don't let heroes brag of their exploits.
Don't let the rich brag of their riches.
If you brag, brag of this and this only:
That you understand and know me.
I'm God, and I act in loyal love.
I do what's right and set things right and fair,
and delight in those who do the same things.

~ Jeremiah 9:23-24, The Message.
My sister posted the above verses as her Facebook status this morning. As I read through them and reflected on them, a beautiful thought dawned on me. This thought --- "I want to be able to brag that I understand and know God by doing the things that He delights in... exercising kindness, justice and righteousness.... demonstrating to those living in the margins of our society, locally and globally, that Hope does live!"

What a great thought to start off this blog post... one that I've already scheduled to write today... about the launch of the online community read-through of the book Hope Lives over at Compassion Family, a blog written by Jill, a fellow Compassion Advocate.

We will be reading through this book together during the season of Lent and ending just in time to celebrate Easter... February 27 to April 6.

Will you join us?
On a journey of restoration?
To discover why and where Hope Lives?

To start us off on this journey, the book's author Amber Van Schooneveld has written an introductory blog post. You can read it here! There will be a blog post published for each week of this journey, to be written by several Compassion Advocates including myself. So, please join us and come back to read the weekly blog posts... this book will be a journey that you won't regret taking!

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

2 comments: