Thursday, December 8, 2011

Kingdom Come

These verses were a part of my Advent readings in the past two days...
Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’ ~ Matthew 1:23, NLT.
He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High... His Kingdom will never end! ~ Luke 1:32-33, NLT.
Immanuel... God is with us... His Kingdom is here and it will never end! What an amazing truth!

Might it just be...? Wait... but it is! His Kingdom can come through us --- Christ-followers, if we are willing to let Him use us.

I am reminded of a song called Kingdom Come by Sarah Walker. Sarah is from Ontario... in fact, I got to know her music very well through our church. Her debut album, Overflow, consists of...
... songs filled with faith and a challenge to see God’s Kingdom come, Sarah’s desire is that this album will inspire the Church to respond to God’s heart and take action, especially on issues of poverty and justice. As a reflection of her belief that acts of justice are one of our most profound acts of worship, Sarah is donating 50% of all of the proceeds from her debut CD to support education for orphans and vulnerable children in southern Africa through MCC’s Global Family Program.
~ from Sarah Walker's website.
Say, are you still looking for that perfect Christmas gift? I highly recommend Sarah Walker's Overflow for the music lovers on your list! Beautiful music... great cause!

Back to the song Kingdom Come, I love the lyrics... they are packed with much meaning, just beautiful! My prayer anew today... "Lord, let Your Kingdom come to earth in me!"
Let peace and justice reign as your glory is restored
And mercy comes to earth again in human form, this human form
I am a new creation - let the world around be changed
In every generation, lifting up our songs of praise
I want to see your Kingdom come
See it unfold, Your will be done
You came to earth to set us free
Now come to earth again in me
Let hope and freedom reign as your love makes all things new
And shine through us again as we're renewed, the world renewed
I am alive in You, Your Spirit's changing me
In all I say and do, Lord, let your will and mine agree
I'll worship You 'till Kingdom come, Kingdom come
Your Kingdom come
I'll live it out Your will be done, Kingdom come
Your Kingdom come
Friends... here's Sarah singing Kingdom Come!
Please pause the Playlist on the sidebar of this blog as you have a listen.

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!
ComScore

No comments:

Post a Comment