Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's A Conspiracy!

An Advent Conspiracy, that is!

{Please pause the Playlist on the sidebar of this blog as you watch this video.}

[AC] Promo 2011 from Advent Conspiracy on Vimeo.

I'm sure you've seen the different versions of the above video ever since it came out a few years ago. I think it's still worth another watch though... especially since it's an updated 2011 version!

The reason I'm posting it today is because last night... my kids' youth group had an Advent Conspiracy Christmas Party! What they did truly warmed my heart. It's the way Christmas should be... for all of us!

Instead of getting gifts, they gave...
:: Food for the food bank.
:: New socks and underwear for the homeless.
:: Gently-used shoes for Kicks of Love.
:: Used clothing for homeless youth.

They had fun... tons of fun! My kids couldn't stop talking about how much fun they had... from the minute they stepped into the car, all the way home! {It's about a half-an-hour drive for us, by the way. So it was a lot of talking!}

They played games... and instead of winning prizes, they gave...
:: An irrigation system.
:: Education.
:: And other life-changing gifts from the World Vision Gift Catalogue.

They heard stories from former drug trade workers who encountered Jesus and are now working at Yonge Street Mission ministering to at-risk youth!

That was one God-honouring Christmas party, if you ask me!

Time and again, I am in awe... thankful... humbled... that God, in His grace, led us to this church to call home. It has truly been a blessing!
God so loved the world that he gave...
~ John 3:16a, CEB (italics added).
In an endless cycle of grace, He gives us gifts to serve the world.
~ Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts (italics added).
That's why we give... not just at Christmas time, but at all times! Friends, let's get this conspiracy on the road!

Click on the banner below to read more Walk With Him posts every Wednesday...
I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

3 comments:

  1. I became familiar with Advent Conspiracy because of our youth group, too. Their videos give me the chills; it's so exciting!

    My first time here. So great to make your acquaintance!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are visitng a church that has embraced the AC. It is like a breath of fresh air. This is the church I blogged about... that the pastor invited everyone to give the shoes on their feet to soles for souls. 90% of the church left barefoot. They have an AC tree... and our Wyatt &Wes took a card from in... both have followed through w/ what they said one was do an "act of service" the other said "put so $ in the hope box"

    I love this NEW way of living... oh they are still getting a few gifts but this yr brought several changes... and I can see how each yr will bring more and more radical changes!

    Thanks for always encouraging!
    Sorry so long.
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teena... I think it's such a blessing to be a part of a church family that is passionate about being compassionate!

    Our kids are getting a few presents this year too. This quote pretty much sums up what I feel...

    ‎"I want my kids to have a wonderful Christmas, but not at the expense of developing a generous and grateful heart." ~ Kendra Fleming.

    Merry Christmas, Teena!!!

    ReplyDelete