Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesdays Unwrapped: A Greater Song

Emily Freeman, over at the blog Chatting At The Sky, is doing Tuesdays Unwrapped posts starting today until the end of December. It is sort of a piggy-back onto the Multitudes on Mondays post by Ann Voskamp. In Emily's own words...
Beginning tomorrow, I would like to unwrap my tuesdays again with you from now until the end of the year. While dear Ann invites us to list one thousand gifts on Mondays, I invite you to unwrap them one by one on Tuesdays. For tomorrow, I hope you’ll choose one gift of your ordinary day and find the miracle secret it holds. Write it out, breathe it in, capture its image, see it new.
So... I thought it'd be great to jump in and join the Tuesdays Unwrapped community, especially during this Advent season as we prepare our hearts and minds to celebrate Christmas. 

In my Multitudes on Mondays post from yesterday... one of the grace-gifts I listed was, "Wonderful time of worship and communion..."

We sang a song by Matt Redman called A Greater Song. I have never heard of it before... but upon hearing and learning it this very first time... it captured me... these words...
I see the heavens proclaiming You day after day,
And I know in my heart that there must be a way...
To sing a greater song,
A greater song to You on the earth.
The worship band at church...

I want to sing a greater song... to God, to the One who gives good gifts... to the One who doesn't change... to the One who relentlessly loves and pursues me.

Click *here* for more of today's Tuesdays Unwrapped posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

2 comments:

  1. Wow thank you! I have read before over at Emily's. I will go read....

    Oh and forgot to mention in my last comment below that I read that same quote by Ann just a bit ago! God is good... connecting our hearts.

    Much love,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Chatting at the Sky...

    I love this statement:

    I want to sing a greater song... to God, to the One who gives good gifts... to the One who doesn't change... to the One who relentlessly loves and pursues me.

    Oh, so do I!!

    Lovely post...

    Have a blessed evening!

    ReplyDelete