Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What A Night!

This is how Stephen Harper ended his election victory speech last night...
God bless all of you.  God keep our land glorious and free! 
~ Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada.
Love it!  I guess it's no secret now who I voted for. :-)

Honestly though... I've voted for a different party before.  I think Canadians generally do not vote along party lines.  We base our votes on the party leader and how trustworthy and competent they are.  This election result surely reflects that principle, I think, with Canadians giving Stephen Harper a majority government, ushering the NDP into official opposition territory and reducing the other parties to almost nothing!  Stunning results... to say the least.

Well, the Canadian political landscape that we woke up to this morning is vastly different than the one we knew from yesterday.  Amidst all this change, I am thankful that one thing remains the same...
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
~ Hebrews 13:8 (NLT)
Indeed... may God keep our land glorious and free!

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

1 comment: