Monday, May 30, 2011

This Is The Week!!!

This is it!!! The week that Compassion Bloggers are in Manila and their first blog posts have been posted! I spent my morning, on and off, reading the blog posts one by one as they got posted. All of them are wonderfully written, speaking right to the depths of my heart.

There is one particular post that pulled at my heartstrings more than the others. It is a story of God's grace and His goodness... how He always, always brings beauty out of our ashes, how He is not finished writing our stories... which reminded me of a song that I love by Downhere, a Canadian Christian rock band, entitled Here I Am. Here's a video of it from YouTube if you want to have a listen!

Please pause the Playlist on the sidebar of this blog as you watch this video.


So, the post I was talking about above is by Kat of Inspired To Action. Her story struck a chord with me... I was reduced to a pile of tears after reading it this morning. Oh. So. Beautiful.

Here is her story.

Would you be the beauty in a Filipino child's ashes? Will you be a part of the story that God is writing for a Filipino child's life? Will you sponsor a Filipino child through Compassion International?

For U.S. residents, here are the Filipino children awaiting sponsorship. If you Canadian like me, here are the two Filipino children on Compassion Canada's website who can't wait to be a part of your family!

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!
Compassion-International-Bloggers-Philippines-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment