Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Newest Narnia Movie

"I am," said Aslan.  "But there I have another name.  You must learn to know me by that name.  This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."
Our family went to see the newest Narnia movie tonight --- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  It is a must-see!  The quote above is Aslan's response to Lucy and Edmund's question asking him if he is also in their world.

There are many parallels between the movie and life itself. This particular book, in all of The Chronicles of Narnia, most resembles a Christ-follower's journey here on earth.  The imagery and symbolism are very powerful... and the lessons definitely worth learning.

I am most grateful that my son got this from the movie: Eustace (Lucy and Edmund's cousin) became a better person, not by his own strength, but only by the grace of Aslan.

What a great and valuable truth!  One I'm glad my son got reminded of tonight.  Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment