Thursday, September 9, 2010

Way To Go, Mr. Prime Minister!

Two thumbs up today from me for our Prime Minister, Stephen Harper!  In an interview yesterday, he condemned an American pastor's plan to burn Korans this coming Saturday, September 11.  He said: 
I don't speak very often about my own religion, but let me be very clear: My God and my Christ is a tolerant God, and that's what we want to see in this world.
My two thumbs up isn't for his condemnation of the said "stunt"... well, because it's a no-brainer.  Such acts should totally be condemned!!!  It makes me sick that this American pastor even calls himself a Christian.

My two thumbs up is for the Prime Minister's public statement about his faith in Christ!  I applauded as I watched the news last night... I know, very lame of me! ;-)  But, you see... in this ever pluralistic Canadian society, it is very rare for a person in public office to let his/her personal faith be known to the public.  It is considered politically incorrect... guaranteed to garner lots of negative publicity (just take a look at the comments in the link I've provided above)!  In fact, I don't think I've ever heard such statements before in the years that I've been paying attention to the news.  

Way to go, Mr. Prime Minister!!!  This is an awesome example of not being afraid to stand up for Christ even if it's considered unpopular to do so.

May I have the courage to do the same when faced with the same choice.  

Here I am.  Lord, send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment