Saturday, May 8, 2010

Praying for Team Haiti: Day 8

Readiness --- that is today's prayer item for Team Haiti.

Last week, I met a lady who was in Haiti for two years as a missionary before the earthquake struck.  Her father went to Haiti to volunteer as a mechanic after the earthquake struck.  She told me that even before the earthquake, Haiti was already a place that made her heart weep.  She had a tough time adjusting back to North American luxuries upon returning to Canada.  Listening to stories that her father brought back with him made her realize that what she experienced while there was nothing compared to today's Haiti.

So... I pray for readiness for Team Haiti.

Readiness to see and absorb what is awaiting them in Haiti.
Readiness in heart and mind to be Jesus to the Haitian people.
Readiness to plunge into the work that is waiting to be done.
Readiness to come back home after seeing life in Haiti.

Readiness to be changed forever!
♫ ♪ Change my heart, O God.  Make it ever true.  Change my heart, O God.  May I be like You.  You are the potter; I am the clay.  Mold me and make me... this is what I pray. ♪ ♫  --- Song Lyrics by Eddie Espinosa

No comments:

Post a Comment