Saturday, May 22, 2010

Praying for Team Haiti: Day 22

... love never fails, joy cometh, peace rules, patience waits, kindness tenders, goodness does, faith fights, gentleness bows, self-control stops.  These are the fruit of the Spirit as written in Galatians 5:22-23.

Today, I pray GENTLENESS for Team Haiti --- that in every situation, they will "be still and know that God is in control!"  In Max Lucado's words...
I CHOOSE GENTLENESS…
Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice, may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it only be in prayer. If I make a demand, may it only be of myself.
Today is the day Team Haiti leaves for Haiti!  This is an exciting day... a milestone day in so many ways.  It will also be the day where so many things need to come together so that Team Haiti can arrive safely and on schedule in Port-au-Prince.  So I pray for these many details... that everything will fall into place smoothly:
- safety on their drive to the airport(s).
- flight(s) departing on schedule.
- flight connections made.
- safety as they take off, fly and land.
- their luggage to arrive in Port-au-Prince at the same time.
- safely arriving at their destination in Port-au-Prince.
- and, finally, preparation of their hearts and minds to see what God has awaiting for them to do in Baie d'Orange.
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. --- Psalm 118:24 (NIV)
Update: This just in... Team Haiti has made it safely to Haiti and so did all of their luggage!!!  God is good!  All the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment