Saturday, May 15, 2010

Praying for Team Haiti: Day 15

... love never fails, joy cometh, peace rules, patience waits, kindness tenders, goodness does, faith fights, gentleness bows, self-control stops.  These are the fruit of the Spirit as written in Galatians 5:22-23.

Exactly one week from today, Team Haiti will embark on this mission trip.  In nine days, they will be on the ground in Baie d'Orange.  I am taking these next nine days to specifically pray that Team Haiti will live beyond themselves... and live by the Spirit of God as I'm sure there will be many opportunities that will challenge them to do just that!

Today... LOVE!  I pray that Team Haiti will choose love above all, especially when faced with situations where it is difficult to love and show love.  As Max Lucado writes in Each Day...
I CHOOSE LOVE…
No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love. Today I will love God and what God loves.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.  --- 1 Corinthians 13:13 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment