Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

It's been a busy past couple of weeks and this blog has become a stranger to me!  Well, I'm back... and, I can't believe it's already April.  Where has this year gone to???

Well, it's almost midnight on Monday evening and it's the end of the Easter long weekend.  Throughout this weekend, the song 'Mighty to Save' by Hillsong kept repeating in my head.  I just love the lyrics... 

"Forever, author of salvation.  He rose and conquered the grave.  Jesus conquered the grave.  Shine your light and let the whole world see.  We're singing for the glory of the Risen King.  Saviour, He can move the mountains.  My God is mighty to save.  He is mighty to save!" ♫♫

These lyrics are so relevant to reflect upon for Easter.  As I sit here reflecting upon the magnitude of what Jesus did for me that very first Easter... I am extremely humbled, I am utterly amazed!  It is absolutely mind-boggling that the God of the universe loves me that much!  My son's devotions from Easter Sunday said: "You know, if you had been the only person in the world, Jesus would have died just for you."  That is mind-boggling, isn't it?

Hubby and I decided that this is the year we would show our kids the uncut version of Mel Gibson's movie 'The Passion of the Christ (2004)' so we watched it together on Saturday.  Both our kids were deeply moved... it is truly very different to see Jesus Christ's suffering being depicted graphically on screen versus just reading the story as it is printed on the Holy Bible's pages.  I believe that it is now even more real to my children than it ever was before... all four of us were in tears... deeply, deeply moved; utterly, utterly grateful for God's grace and His mercy!

My prayer is that my family will never (ever!) take Christ's sacrifice lightly; that we will shine our light and let the whole world see; we're singing for the glory of the Risen King!  Not only at Easter... but every single day, may we continue to live missionally as those who are 'sent' by the Risen King to effect change in this world in which we live!  

For His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment