Thursday, December 31, 2009

Memory Verse Monday #52 --- To Close Out 2009!

New Year's Eve already!!!

I can't believe that I have made it this far --- to the last verse of the year for Memory Verse Monday --- verse #52! I know that this is the second verse this week, but this will make up for that first week way back in January when I didn't have one...

When I decided to start this series of posts way back in January, I was skeptical that I would actually stick with the plan... let alone make it to 52 verses. But my God is gracious --- each and every week He gave me a verse to meditate on --- a verse that has sustained me, encouraged me, grown me, fed me!

So, here's the final verse for this series of posts. It is from...

Psalm 4:7-8 (NLT)
You have given me greater joy than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

This verse truly sums up 2009 for me. It has been a year of ups and downs, good things and bad, successes and upsets, happiness and brokenness, optimism and discouragement... through it all God has given me greater joy and peace. He indeed is good!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment