Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Better Way

This is a song that has gripped me these few days --- 'A Better Way' by Canadian band Downhere: (please pause the Playlist on the sidebar if you wish to view this video)



A Better Way, by Downhere
from the album Wide Eyed and Mystified

I'm not alone, I really believe
You never go, You never leave
Here and now, You always stay
“I love you” could not be said
A better way

It's everything You've promised
There's no greater love than this
From prophets until today
A man laying down His life for His friends
Your sacrifice has spoken, You gave everything
And “I love you” could not be said
A better way

I am forgiven, I clearly see
It's why You came to do all you did for me
Trading earth with heaven, You took my place
“I love you” could not be said
A better way

Because You redeem, I know what's to come
Everything I could lose here, You've already won
So You have my surrender, with passion obey
“I love you” could not be said
A better way

What gripped me is this --- "You have my surrender, with passion obey; I LOVE YOU could not be said a better way." This ought to be my response to what Jesus has accomplished on the cross for me. Do I always surrender? Do I always obey with passion? Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment