Monday, May 11, 2009

Memory Verse Monday #18

In light of my previous blog post about that place where we live called grace, God's grace, today's verse for Memory Verse Monday is from...

Psalm 94:18-19 (ESV)
When I thought, "My foot slips," your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.

I have just finished reading the book Raising Kids For True Greatness by Dr. Tim Kimmel. In my opinion, the point the book makes doesn't just apply to parenting, it is much bigger than that. Another blog post is forming in my head already... maybe, another day. For now, I will say that true greatness is definitely only achievable within that place called grace! I'm quoting from the book...
True greatness looks upward, then outward; it is about God's agenda; it celebrates altruism; it is about giving; it grieves over what it sees through its windows; and, it pays off forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment