Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Memory Verse Monday #17

One day late... again! Monday was busy, so the blog got neglected. Here is this week's verse for Memory Verse Mondays, it is from...

Matthew 22:37-39 (NIV)
Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbour as yourself."

A blog post related to the above verse was waiting for me in my Google Reading List this morning... a theology of parenting. Here's a quote:

Often, as parents, we do indeed think of parenting as our highest calling. But you rightly point out that loving God with all our heart and soul and mind is our highest calling.

“If I pursue God first as my highest call and am satisfied in His love, then I am freed not to love my children less but to love them rightly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment