Saturday, May 16, 2009

Here I Am...

A new song I'm really loving is called Here I Am by Downhere. I first heard it this weekend on our road trip to Quebec City because hubby bought a whole bunch of songs from iTunes to burn into CDs for our drive... we are still here, by the way. It is soooo beautiful here... so much history, so much culture, so much character!

Anyway, back to the song... I found myself identifying and connecting with the lyrics so much. Here they are... to listen to the song at the same time, you can find it on my Playlist on the sidebar:
Sometimes Your calling comes in dream
Sometimes it comes in the Spirit's breeze
You reach for the deepest hope in me
And call out for the things of eternity
But I'm a man (in this case, woman!) of dust and stains
You move in me so I can say

Here I am, Lord send me
All of my life I make an offering
Here I am, Lord send me
Somehow my story is a part of Your plan
Here I am

When setbacks and failures and upset plans
Test my faith and leave me with empty hands
Are You not the closest when it's hardest to stand
I know that You will finish what You began
These broken parts You redeem
Become the song that I can sing

Overwhelmed by the thought of my weakness
And the fear that I'll fail You in the end
In this mess I'm just one of the pieces
I can't put this together but You can
Isn't it cool that our stories are somehow a part of His plan? I think so! Again, I am being reminded of grace... just soooo amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment