Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Memory Verse Monday #9

It's Tuesday --- better late than never for Memory Verse Monday! This week's verse is from...

Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love.
He will rejoice over you with singing.

Why this verse? This week, our church is going to be a part of a team that is going to help an individual "clean up" his apartment. I haven't seen this apartment myself, but our pastor used this article from the Toronto Star to compare it to. As you can see, it's no simple "clean up" job! To be quite honest, my first instinct was to contribute some money towards this "project" so that I don't have to be personally involved. In my mind, I decided that the 'yuck' is just too much for me to handle.

The above verse then reminded me that God delights in people, every single one on this earth, and we should too! I know this phrase is over used these days, but it did crop up in my mind while deciding how I can be a part of this "project" --- What would Jesus do?

The answer was clearly obvious to me... Jesus wouldn't have just contributed money! I quickly came to my senses... I signed up to do some painting of the apartment walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment