Monday, February 2, 2009

Memory Verse Monday #4

Yesterday at church, I experienced one of the purest forms of worship as the Youth Band led us in singing praises to our God! The atmosphere was electric; there was power in our worship! I truly felt the presence of the Holy Spirit --- very distinctly, in fact! The verse from Matthew 5:8 came to my mind as we continued to worship, so in honour of that God-given thought, it will be this week's verse for Memory Verse Monday!

Matthew 5:8 (NIV)
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

I think children have that --- purity of heart. I couldn't help but realize this truth as the Youth Band led us in worship and we felt (saw) God!

As adults, a lot of times, we are unfortunately missing that --- purity of heart. We definitely have lots to learn from children in this way --- to serve and please God, period. That's it --- no other agenda, no other motives.

Definitely some food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment