Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Memory Verse Mondays

So... it seems to me like God is impressing upon my heart to memorize or meditate on His Word this year. When He wants to make a point, He's not subtle at all, is He? I visited Beth Moore's blog on New Year's Eve and what did I see? An invitation to memorize or meditate upon two Scripture verses each month this year.

And then yesterday, I opened up my Bible Study workbook --- Jennifer Rothschild's Walking By Faith, and flipped to Week 5 to start doing my homework. What was the topic all about? Remembering God's Word --- in other words, memorizing Scripture verses, one per week!

There is a problem though... the skill of memorization just doesn't come naturally for me. It's definitely not my favourite category at all in the Wii game called Big Brain Academy! So, I've decided to take Beth Moore's suggestion of meditating instead of memorizing. To help me out visually and to keep the verse forefront in my mind all week, I'm going to post one verse each Monday morning here on my blog... thus the post label Memory Verse Mondays!

I'm excited about this... hopefully, I can keep it going all year.

"I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You."
---Psalm 119:11 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment