Monday, August 11, 2008

Reminders From God

God has been busy speaking to me these past few weeks. Each time, it has been to remind me of the "word" He gave to hubby and me when He initially called us to become a part of The Sanctuary Pickering. I remember back to the very beginning of when God started to stir our hearts. It will be about one year ago when summer comes to an end this year! As I look back over the past year, I can most certainly say that my God is faithful!

I taught in Kidz Konnection for two consecutive Sundays a couple of weeks ago. I was originally supposed to only teach one of those Sundays but had to switch with another teacher because of her vacation dates. I think it was "divine intervention" as God was going to use those two lessons to remind me of His word.

The first lesson was entitled "Trust God, my Shepherd" and the story was about God asking Abraham to leave his home in obedience even though he didn't know where God wanted him to go. Before hubby and I knew for certain that God was leading us to become a part of The Sanctuary Pickering, He used Abraham's story to speak to us.

This is what I wrote earlier this year:

God also used Abraham’s story to speak to us. Abraham obeyed God and left his home not knowing where God was leading him to. In Hebrews 11:8 it says: "By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.” After being confronted with Abraham’s story, we surrendered to God. We became willing to obey --- that is, willing to leave our home church and go wherever God would take us.

The second lesson was entitled "Be Strong and Courageous" and the story was about Joshua leading the people into the Promised Land. The verse from Joshua 1:9 has been a recurring word from God ever since our family joined The Sanctuary Pickering. I have lost count now of how many times God has reminded us of that verse in particular since New Year's Day 2008!

This is from my account of our journey, also written earlier this year:

On New Year’s Day 2008, God gave me the verses from Joshua 1:5b-6,8-9 through my personal devotions and also through an online sermon, both on the same day from two different sources. Now, again, only God can make that happen!

Joshua 1:5b-6, 8-9 (NIV) --- "As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

My God never ceases to amaze me. These verses spoke to me significantly. It was a new beginning for Joshua after Moses had died. God assured Joshua in these passages that He will never leave him or forsake him, and that Joshua was to be strong and courageous because God will do amazing things among the people. The online sermon I listened to spoke significantly to me as well --- the pastor spoke about it being the time to move on; the start of a new beginning.

As you can see, God is so faithful! He even sees fit to plop reminders of His word along the way for me. We are now starting to gear up for the public launch of The Sanctuary Pickering --- less than 6 weeks to go until Launch Sunday, September 21. I can't wait to see what God has in store. I've said it before and I'll say it once more, this is turning out to be one wild ride!

Psalm 33:4 (NIV) --- "For the word of the Lord is right and true; He is faithful in all He does."

No comments:

Post a Comment