Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Psalm 63

Yesterday I was reading through the Psalms. Psalm 63 jumped out at me. Maybe it was because of verse 2, which says: "I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory." :-)

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You, my body longs for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

I have seen You in the sanctuary and beheld Your power and Your glory.

Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You. I will praise You as long as I live, and in Your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise You. On my bed I remember You; I think of You through the watches of the night. Because You are my help, I sing in the shadow of Your wings. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.

They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth. They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals. But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God's name will praise Him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced."
---Psalm 63 NIV

It has been an amazing journey of faith since our family became a part of The Sanctuary Pickering. I can with certainty say that we have seen Him in The Sanctuary and beheld His power (what He does) and His glory (who He is) in a way that we have never experienced before. And for that, I praise Him. Thank you God for leading us into this journey of faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment